Dog Groomers & Grooming Information
Select from the menu to find Dog Groomers in your Area:
Grooming Schools / Courses
- DogPort Academy of Dog Grooming
728 Dundas Street
Woodstock, Ontario, N4S-1E7
A Professional Dog Grooming School. Registered as a Private Career College under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
- The Grooming Institute of Canada Canada's Certification Board for all levels of the industry.
Grooming Information / Tips & Techniques
- Does your Dog Need a Jacket? Your dog's ability to withstand Winter is about hair type, not length. Individual dogs also has varying tolerance to cold. This article provides details on learning to observe your dog's reaction to the elements as well as what the best type of jacket may be for him.(Added 23 Nov 2012)
- Groom Your Dog Like a Pro (Added 29 May 2012)
- Achieving a Silky, Shiny Coat by Victoria of Pet-Super-Store
- 4 Tips to Keep Your Dog's Coat Healthy(Added 29 May 2012)
- Why You Should Groom Your Dog Regularly by Victoria of Pet-Super-Store
- Top Grooming Tips For Do-It-Yourself Dog Owners
- Bathing Your Dog - Step by Step by Sheri Huttner
- Time for a Dog Bath? Dog Bathing Tips for You and Your Dog by Teresa James
- Beyond Washing The Dog by Dawn Keadic
- Mud and Dogs - Can you Manage the Mess? (Added 29 May 2012)
- What Should I Buy For My Pet Grooming Kit? by Sharon Price
- Stop your Dog's Scratching by Dr. Bruce Silverman(Added 29 May 2012)
- Ear Infections Are Painful! by Sheri Huttner
- How to Clean Your Dog's Ears Cleaning your dog's ears can be easy, but you'll need to follow proper precautions. Watch the following video from VetVid.com where Dr. Mike walks you through a routine ear cleaning step-by-step so that you can perform ear cleaning for your dog. If there is an ear infection you'll learn what precautions to take and what to discuss with your vet.
- Ear Infections in Dogs and Cats (Otitis Externa) Learn more about ear infections in dogs and cats (Otitis Externa). Watch the following video from VetVid.com where testing & diagnosis and therapies & treatment are discussed. This video is NOT meant to replace the advice of your regular vet.
- Nail Trimming Tips by Jess The Dog Lady This guide will help you step by step in teaching your dog to trust you around his/her feet, and is written as if for a beginner with a problem dog.
- Dealing with Eye Staining
- Tear Stain Remedies
- Tear Staining: Causes and Cures
- How To Check Your Pet For Fleas Watch this video from VetVid.com where Dr. Mike walks you through the process of checking your dog or cat for fleas; what to look for, how to use a flea comb, what is flea dirt, and the importance of starting a flea control program such as oral tablets.
- How to Treat Fleas on Dogs, Cats, Puppies & Kittens Learn about fleas on dogs and cats by watching this video from VetVid.com with Dr. Wayne Rosenkrantz, DVM, DACVD, where he discusses the complications that fleas can cause for your pet and the treatment options available. Dr. Rosenkrantz is board certified in animal dermatology. The doctor discusses fleas on dogs, cats, puppies and kittens. This information is not meant to replace the advice of your regular veterinarian.
- Protect Your Dog From These Preventable Threats By Robert Benson
- Safe, Effective Flea Control By Richard H. Pitcairn, D.V.M., Ph.D. and Susan Hubble Pitcairn
Authors of Dr. Pitcairn's Complete Guide To Natural Health for Dogs & Cats
- Terminate Stinky Dog Breath by Dr. Tracy Dewhirst (Added 29 May 2012)
- My Dog Has Halitosis! by Sheri Huttner
- Protect Your Dog's Teeth from Disease Veterinarians share tips on improving your dog's "smile" while also preventing tooth decay, gum disease and other periodontal ailments. (Added: 25 May 2012)
- Is Pet Dental Health Really Important? by Lori Matthews
- Maintaining Your Dogs Teeth And Oral Health
- Thay Call It "Dog Breath" For A Reason by Dawn Keadic
- How to Brush your Dog's Teeth (Added: 29 May 2012)
- Tooth Brushing Tricks For Your Dog by Sandy Schneider
- Dental Care Tips For Your Dog by Xavier Gallery
- Dog Dental Care: How to Clean Dogs Teeth
Does your dog have a dirty mouth? Heres how to practice good doggie dental care that will prolong your dogs life. Read moreNEW - Added April 2012
- Taking Care of Your Dog's Teeth Watch this video from VetVid.com where you will learn the importance of properly caring for your dog's teeth. Find out what you can do to prevent dental disease and how to maintain your dog's teeth through good dental hygiene.
- How to Brush Your Dog's Teeth Brushing your dog's teeth may actually prevent some serious canine health problems. In this video from VetVid.com you will learn the proper technique for brushing your dog's teeth, how often you should brush your dog's teeth, and what are some other home care options to keep your dog's teeth healthy.
Information for Groomers
|THE BUSINESS GUIDE TO PET GROOMING by Sam Kohl
A concise guide to creating and operating a pet grooming business. Whether it be home-based or a multi-employee shop, this is your one-stop reference to planning, building, and managing an extremely successful grooming operation. Illustrated in full color, this is an absolutely essential book for every budding groomer-entrepreneur.
Available from Dogwise.com
Grooming Books, Videos & Supplies
Woodstock, Ontario, N4S 1E7
DogPort Academy is a Professional Dog Grooming School, registered as a Private Career College under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
We are also a fully functional Dog Grooming Salon and Dog Groomer's Supplies and Equipment Online Store.
To book a grooming appointment and have a look at the unique supplies we offer for sale,
For more information about our Grooming School, see: www.dogportacademyofdoggrooming.ca
The following is a selection of Grooming books available from various online retailers. Selecting any of the links will take you directly to the retailer's website where additional information as well as the opportunity to place your online order is available.