Obesity / Overweight Concerns in Dogs
Note: The Health & Nutrition section of the Canada's Guide to Dogs website is intended as a source of information only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional care, but as an aid to those seeking health and nutrition information. Always consult with your Veterinarian and other professionals about health related matters and any concerns or questions you may have concerning your dog's diet and nutrition requirements. We do not endorse or recommend any one treatment or diet over another.
- Obesity in Dogs and Cats In this pet health care video from VetVid.com, Dr. Mike gives an introduction to obesity in dogs and cats and discusses the problems associated with being overweight & treatment options.
- Risk of Obesity by Dr. Brian Laing (Added 18 May 2012)
- Is Your Dog Obese? by the Editors of Exceptional Canine (Added: 24 April 2012)
- A Recipe for Your Dog's Weight Loss By Dr. Tracy Dewhirst (Added: 24 April 2012)
- Obesity In Dogs by Kirsten Hawkins
- Putting your Pet on a Diet
- How Do I Help My Dog Lose Weight?
- Weight Management for Dogs and Cats
- Tough Love: Helping Your Dog Lose Weight
- Exercise with your Dog to Prevent Obesity You and your dog both need physical activity to prevent obesity, so why not exercise together? Veterinarian Susan Nelson shares tips for the perfect owner-dow workout.(Added: 25 May 2012)
|Work Wonders. Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones
By Tom Lonsdale
Essential information for dogs and their owners, veterinarians, educators and anyone interested in dogs, diets and health. Leads us through the practical essentials of dog feeding including how to source, store and prepare raw food.
Available from Dogwise.com
CLICK HERE for additional books on the subject of dog health and nutrition.
Note: We are always in need of articles for the Health and Nutrition section, submissions are welcome and encouraged. Please feel free to contact us.